EXIM Bank China
The Export-Import Bank of China is entirely owned by the Chinese government. It was founded in 1994.
The Bank’s main mandate is to facilitate the export and import of Chinese mechanical and electronic products, and assist Chinese companies in their offshore contract projects and outbound investment. It also aims to promote Sino-foreign relationships and international economic and trade cooperation.
More specifically the business scope of the bank includes
- Export credit and import credit;
- Loans to overseas construction contracts and Loans to overseas investment projects;
- Chinese Government Concessional Loan;
- International guarantee;
- Onlending loans from foreign governments and international financial institutions;
- International and domestic settlement and corporate deposits under the loan facilities provided by the Bank;
- Raising funds in domestic and international capital markets and money markets;
- International inter-bank loans, organizing or participating in international and domestic syndication loans;
- Renminbi inter-bank borrowing/lending and bond repurchases;
- Foreign exchange transaction and approved risk-protection foreign exchange (FX) business for client;
- Creditworthiness investigation, consultation, appraisal and witness services which are relevant to the Bank's business